Thursday, September 20, 2012

Taste of Thai

"My flight to Thailand leaves in 20 minutes!"

One day, I will be lucky enough to utter those words. Until then, I'll have to experience Thai culture from National Geographic clippings, blogs and restaurants. I'm starting with Taste of Thai in downtown Lexington.

Tasty beef soup with bean sprouts
When you walk inside, you're bound to see just one server waiting on every table. Paper table mats, a strange pattern of tile, a bar and little green bowls with red pepper on each table makes the place comfortable. Taste of Thai is small, quiet and very simple.

I've noticed many people have written negative reviews about the food and service, but I have to disagree. The service wasn't excellent by any means, but the waitress was friendly and seemed interested in what I thought of the food. If the waitress cares, you can bet the people in the back of the house do too.

The food was good, not great, but good. A bowl of their beef soup cost me around $9, and did a good job of filling me up. The use of the sprouts added a crunch and made the dish look pretty. They were out of noodles, which I found odd, and they were also out of whatever it was that my brother tried to order. We almost had to ask, "Well, what do you have?" The food that they had, though, was very good.

All in all, I still can't wait for my flight to leave, but Taste of Thai did a good job of sustaining me until I get off this seemingly massive runway.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative! It was easy to read and interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete