Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chinese Christmas

Christmas is approaching more quickly than a reindeer on roller skates.

I know Christmas is approaching because my family is starting to tell me all the different things I should be buying them this year. I have one special gift for them all . . . his name is Kevin.

Kevin is my Chinese boy who lives across the hall from me in my dorm. He is trying his hardest to learn about American culture and, even better, learn to speak English. Kevin can't afford to go home to China for our Winter break, so, being in the Christmas spirit, I told him to spend the month long break at my place. My goal is to soak this twenty-four year old exchange student in the thickest of American culture. He will drive a car, shoot guns, drink liquor and go to a pool hall.

I also plan on taking him to the Strip District of Pittsburgh to get him some good local food. Some borscht, some pierogies and a lot of sausage should do just fine. The poor bastard has been living on the dining hall food of a college campus, so some real food should make him feel at home.

I have high hopes for this Christmas break. Kevin will get a holiday splash of American culture, and my family will get to live with a young, confused and disoriented Chinese man.

I will update my blog with adventures from this Christmas vacation.

Comment if you have any ideas on different activities and adventures to do with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment